As seen on JobsInME.com
Software Engineer, SIS
Tyler Technologies | Yarmouth, ME
Software Engineer, SIS
The Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing, and documenting application programs of basic to moderate size and complexity, working with accepted development department standards and procedures.
- Develop new application programs from established specifications or documented requirements.
- Maintain existing application programs by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
- Prepare and modify program and system documentation.
- Achieve departmental goals and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or comparable work experience.
- Typically two or more years of software development experience with database technology.
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Relevant Technologies:
- .Net / C# (or similar high level language)
- TSQL and SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- HTML 5
- Java Script
- Bootstrap or
- Relevant related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to write and test code in reasonable timeframes.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of product architecture and all underlying technologies.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of development process.
- Experience with data modeling tools, web services and/or service oriented architecture is beneficial.Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate with various parties to ensure enhancements to applications are addresses while maintaining/balancing business situations and constrictions.
- Well-developed logical thinking, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Keen attention to detail.