As seen on JobsInME.com
Analyst, BA/QA, SIS
Tyler Technologies | Yarmouth, ME
Analyst, BA/QA, SIS
The Analyst, BA/QA is responsible for capturing the business processes from a client’s perspective, identifying suitable process changes, and where necessary, designing software and integration modifications. The Analyst also has primary responsibility for the execution and definition of tests that insure defined business functionality is appropriately implemented. In this role you will also be responsible for the development and execution of test plans that result in the release of high quality code.
ResponsibilitiesThink Creatively and Critically
- Collaboratively define and design projects that enhance the product and the lives of those that use them.
- Elicit requirements from your clients, customers, and stakeholders.
- Using those requirements, author use cases with detailed, clearly articulated business objectives and acceptance criteria.
- Illustrate those use cases and processes with visual aids such as flow charts, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes; as appropriate.
- Solicit feedback before, during, and after the development of projects in order to better iterate upon and refine the design and user experience.
- Test projects as they are developed ensuring that the acceptance criteria were met to your satisfaction.
- Perform regression testing. Be an Advocate for your Users
- Be an advocate for all of the different personas that use our products.
- Espouse the user-centered design philosophy and create design projects that illustrate your thought for the user.
- Understand the personas of your users and know their motivations and goals.
- Hear and document your user's pain point and suggestions. Be Curious and Innovative
- Proactively and objectively evaluate our processes and designs with an eye that is looking for improvement.
- Identify areas in our processes or product that can be streamlined, reorganized, or better positioned and create projects that execute on your ideas. Serve as SME & Trainer
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the products including:
- Known issues (bugs)
- Future enhancements
- Current ongoing projects
- Users' opinions and concerns with the product
- Enhancement requests and how they impact the user base
- Give demos on the products with the ability to:
- Articulate the business goals that our product(s) meet for our user base
- Demonstrate the functionality of the features
- Be open to feedback with an open-minded attitude
- Triage incoming issues, occasionally offering production support as needed. Collaborate and Communicate
- Present your designs and proposals to internal and external stakeholders to uncover additional use cases, objections, and suggestions.
- Proactively inform stakeholders about changes that will impact them, or the people they serve.
- Participate in cross-departmental product meetings where you will share:
- Context and analysis of issues.
- Suggest possible solutions and recommend a course of action. Lead
- Be comfortable directing a development team member to work on a specific project.
- Facilitate meetings when appropriate such as:
- Daily Scrum/Stand-Up meetings
- Requirement elicitation meetings
- Sprint Planning/Kick Off meetings
- Sprint Review/Retrospective meetings
- Organize projects into future Sprints and Releases in collaboration with others.
QualificationsExcellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Previous analysis and some technical skill is desired.
- Knowledge of best practices, procedures and software development lifecycles
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Solid understanding of a software project life cycle and associated methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with clients’ business issues.
- QA testing experiences is a plus.
- Fast learner of new tools, processes and methodologies.
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with developers, analysts, project managers and clients.
- General experience or knowledge of business concepts/processes, relational database concepts, software design concepts, and database modeling.
- General conceptual knowledge of integration project work – solutions for exchanging data between disconnected software systems to enable cross-system business process.
- General understanding of the software applications/tools and/or the business processes related to state and county government.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent technology experience.